?

Log in

No account? Create an account
OKAY, Hightstown High School, now you know what happens when you vote… - Hightstown, NJ

> Recent Entries
> Archive
> Friends
> Profile
> HHS

October 8th, 2004


Previous Entry Share Next Entry
persephonesbear
02:38 pm
OKAY, Hightstown High School, now you know what happens when you vote for NADER - BUSH gets elected!!! I KNOW KERRY is not GREEN enough, but he is the greenest candidate with a chance of getting elected - and BUSH is BROWN - you know, that really dark disgusting brown you get when you fill a paper bag with crap and then set it on fire. I'm really proud of you for believing in what Nader believes in, but PLEASE - it is time for a reality check! If you are old enough to vote in NOVEMBER, please don't throw your vote away.

(12 comments | Leave a comment)

Comments:


[User Picture]
From:curlz1129
Date:October 8th, 2004 02:24 pm (UTC)
(Link)
amen to that..
[User Picture]
From:generaljesus
Date:October 9th, 2004 08:23 am (UTC)
(Link)
THE POWER OF CHRIST COMPELS YOU!
From:realjloh
Date:October 9th, 2004 08:42 am (UTC)
(Link)
Stop trying to coerce people into your beliefs. The whole point of a democracy is to vote for what you believe in. Third party candidates run because they want to protest the fact that their beliefs aren't necessarily being fulfilled in the government. When third parties gather votes, the two main parties tend to notice that, and in fact they will often adopt policies sponsored by the third parties.
And what about Democratic efforts to block Nader's candidacy? Where is the freedom that they complain Bush is attacking? This is a serious offense here, blocking someone running for the presidency, just because your candidate will be hurt. Why don't we just eliminate elections at all and declare ourselves a one party system? That way people can't lose!
From:(Anonymous)
Date:October 9th, 2004 09:15 am (UTC)
(Link)
thank you, jason. =)
[User Picture]
From:sharpiechick
Date:October 11th, 2004 01:52 pm (UTC)
(Link)
What are the chances of Bush adopting Green policies? Bush doesn't seem to give a shit about what signals the people are sending him - he doesn't even stick to the policies of the Republicans who voted for him in 2000.

Don't get me wrong - I do agree with you in that the US should have a multiple-party system. In another election, I might even vote third party. However, this is not the election to try and make a point. If Bush 'wins' again, both Democrats and Greens are going to get fucked over.
From:persephonesbear
Date:October 12th, 2004 02:20 pm (UTC)
(Link)
I'm not worrying about my candidate getting hurt - I'm worrying about the ENVIRONMENT getting hurt.

This is not a game. This is for real. How many more acres of rain forest have to get cut down? If I can't get it to reverse or stop at least I can try to get it to slow down!

And I think you need to consider the difference between "coerce" and "try to convince."
[User Picture]
From:dispatchgerl
Date:October 17th, 2004 08:16 pm (UTC)
(Link)
I agree with jen and persephonesbear and i'm not sure I have anything left to say about Nader with the exception that I just read in Newsweek that he has accepted funding and signatures from Republicans, which I didn't know. Also, isn't the point of healthy debate to make others see your point of view?
From:persephonesbear
Date:October 19th, 2004 03:20 pm (UTC)
(Link)
Yes, Republicans LOVE the fact that Nader is in the race, as he will only take votes away from the Democrats and not from the Republicans. People really need to realize that 3-party elections do not work - you need to have an even number, the same number on the right as on the left. Republicans have too much of a killer instinct to allow their vote to be split, and Democrats need to be more realistic. The place to fight for third party values is at the state and local level. If you want to see what happens when you have more than 2 parties at the national level, take a look at Italy - a real world leader, if you want sexy shoes and good food!
From:persephonesbear
Date:October 19th, 2004 03:22 pm (UTC)
(Link)
make that great food
[User Picture]
From:dispatchgerl
Date:October 20th, 2004 01:07 pm (UTC)
(Link)
so are you saying that you're satisfied with the party system? Personally, I'm not. Both parties are becoming more and more like each other. Look at Congress how many bills are co-sponsored by members of both parties? People don't know where candidates stand and nobody talks about the issues. Voters need more choices. Italy is most definately not the only country with more than two parties (not that you said it was) and I don't think it is necessarily the paradigm of multi- party systems. Germany also has a coalition government like Italy does. In Germany these have provided reasonably stable governments and a successful coalition can introduce an effective system of checks and balances on the government that can promote political moderation. Also many policy decisions take into account all views and interests.
[User Picture]
From:dispatchgerl
Date:October 20th, 2004 01:08 pm (UTC)
(Link)
*with the 2 party system?
From:nervestaple
Date:October 20th, 2004 04:04 pm (UTC)
(Link)
http://www.votepair.org/ Votepair - Uniting Progressives Through Strategic Voting.

If you'd like to vote for Nader, but live in a swing state in which "A Vote For Nader Is A Vote For Bush," then just go to VotePair.org and agree to swap your vote with a Kerry voter from a non-swing state.

You'll be able to help your state go Kerry, while also helping Nader get the precious five percent! (but using votes in states that are already "in the bag")



See, isn't everything better when we don't fight?

> Go to Top
LiveJournal.com